Kick It Up Dance Competition Awards & Scoring
CONTACT KICK IT UP
10 Gillingham Dr.
Tel. (905) 840-5116
For a comprehensive list of all our events; please click here
• All participants will receive a ribbon for all dances entered. Highest Overall Solo, Duet/Trio, Small Group, Large Group, Extended Line will receive a placement ribbon and award. [1st, 2nd & 3rd] Top 5 Soloists recognized.
• Highest Overall Novice categories in all Age Divisions. See Novice All Time Top Scores >>
• Highest Overall Pre-Competitive categories in all Age Divisions. See PreComp All Time Top Scores >>
• Highest Overall Competitive categories in all Age Divisions. Separate overalls for Acro, Musical Theatre, Tap and Ballet. Kick It Up Dance Competition Ltd. reserves the right to combine categories if not enough entries are received to assign separate overalls. See All Time Top Scores >>
• Highest Overall Production. Productions will be judged together regardless of age division. [May be combined with Extended Line if not enough entries are received]
• Best in Dance Style Competitive categories 12 & Under and 13 & Over. This includes dance style not given their own overalls (i.e., Contemporary/Modern, Hip Hop, Jazz, Lyrical, Open and Tap)
• The top 5 studios are presented with cash prizes and awards for Overall Studio Standings. (Minimum of 7 groups and 20 entries must be registered - Comp& Precomp only). See All Time 1st Place Studio Winners >>
Judges Choice Awards will be given for "Outstanding Costume", "Choreography Excellence", and "Most Entertaining" to name a few.
Personalized Special Awards and Teacher Choreography given out at each awards ceremony.
Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details regarding cash prizes.
Titanium: 95.00 and up
Ultimate Platinum: 92 - 94.99
Platinum: 90 - 92.99
High Gold: 87 - 89.99
Gold: 85 - 86.99
High Silver: 80 - 84.99
Silver: 76 - 79.99
Each studio will receive DRC Video Judge for all routines with judges' critiques. Watch the dance and hear the judges' comments at the same time. Visit the DRC Video Judge website for more details.
A penalty of 1 mark may be deducted from each judge for the following:
• Routines that exceed time limits.
• Dancing out of schedule. [Please check the schedule thoroughly as program times are sent out prior to the competition date]. Any changes must be addressed and approved by Kick It Up in advance.
• Tap sounds in music during tap routines.
• Acrobatic tricks where not permitted.
• Inappropriate elements (choreography, costuming, music and/or dance themes that are deemed inappropriate for "General" audience viewing).
All competitors will be judged by a panel of qualified, professional and competent adjudicators. All participants, teachers and parents agree that the time, manner, and method of judging will be solely within the discretion of the judging panel. Dancers will be adjudicated using a point system. Each score will be based on 100 points (35% techinical ability, 25% synchronization/execution, 20% choreography, 20% presentation/performance). Judges score cards will be available at the end of the competition and will be only given the studio director.
Solos, Duets/Trios - 3 min. max.
Groups - 3.5 min. max.
Extended lines - 4 min. max.
Productions - 10 min. max.
Young Adult Groups - 3 min. max.
All times includes entrance and exits. [Must specify time during entry process].